A welcome message from Gérard Giordano, Conference Chair, and Klaus Kirketerp-Mølller, President of EBJIS
We look forward to welcoming you to the 36th Annual Meeting of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society which will be held in Nantes, France on 7-9 September 2017.
The conference will be held in the La Cité – Nantes Events Center in France. Nantes is an appealing and varied destination with an architectural, historical and industrial heritage. There is a lot to see in the city, among others in the historic part of the city where you will find the 15th-century cathedral to the Château of the Dukes of Brittany, which is now a museum of regional history.
The conference will bring together experts, practitioners and companies involved in infections affecting bone and joint. Professionals attending the conference will benefit from high-level scientific presentations, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities. The scientific programme will be provided with keynote lectures, free paper sessions, industry symposia and posters.
The principle topics for EBJIS 2017 are:
- New strategies and biotechnologies in MSI
- The « aseptic » joint arthroplasty revision: From Prosthetic Joint Infection misdiagnosis to excessive antibiotic treatment
- Pediatric and adult osteoarticular oncologic surgeries – Infection management: Where are we?
- Low grade infections with rare and multidrug resistant pathogens
- Shoulder protheses and osteosynthesis: Management of the osteoarticular infections
- State of the art: Diabetic foot osteomyelitis
- Prosthetic Joint Infection in elderly people
We encourage participants to submit interesting scientific papers, case reports and clinical studies relating to these topics. We will also consider papers on any aspect of the pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment or outcomes of bone and joint infections. All submissions will be reviewed by the scientific committee and will be selected for oral or poster presentation.
We look forward to welcoming you to Nantes.
On behalf of the local organising committee and the EBJIS board,
Gérard Giordano, Conference Chair
Klaus Kirketerp-Mølller, President of EBJIS