The ESSKA Advanced Knee Arthroscopy Course is designed to provide certified Orthopaedic Surgeons thorough didactic and practical training in challenging disorders of the knee from renowned ESSKA Faculty using state of the art surgical facilities. There are 24 positions available. The above course will be submitted for accreditation to the UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialists) for European CME credits (ECMECs).
- understand the decision-making process involved in choosing the appropriate surgical approach in challenging disorders of the knee
- observe and practice the state of the art surgical technique
- be able to discuss the management of disorders with the ESSKA Faculty dedicated to training
Prof. Mustafa Karahan Course Chairman Acibadem University Department of Orthoaedics Istanbul, Turkey
Prof. Matteo Denti Clinica Ars Medica Gravesano Lugano, Switzerland Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute Milan, Italy
Prof. Romain Seil Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg Clinique d’ Eich Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Dr David Dejour Lyon-Ortho-Clinic – Clinique de la Sauvegarde Lyon, France
Prof. Joan C. Monllau Hospital del Mar and Hospital Universitari Dexeus Barcelona, Spain
Prof. Martin Lind Department of Orthopaedics Aarhus University Hospital Århus, Denmark
To qualify, you must:
- perform 40 – 50 knee cases per year
- be a European citizen
- be/become an ESSKA member
- be a certified orthopaedic surgeon in your own country
- speak English fluently
- complete the online application form
The ESSKA Education Committee independently evaluate and score the applications.
The 24 top-scored candidates are selected for the course.
Registration fee 500€ – upon selection
ESSKA covers the following for selected candidates:
- travel reimbursement up to 350€
- all transfers in the United Kingdom
- two nights accommodation
- lunches and dinner
Your fee helps ESSKA to support research in the field of Orthopaedics and Sports Traumatology.
This course has been supported by our corporate partner Smith & Nephew.
5–6 October 2017
ESSKA Advanced Knee Arthroscopy Course 2017
Venue: Watford, UK
Call: +352 44 11 7027