The World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases will take place from 19-22 April, 2018 in the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland.
The members of the Committee of Scientific Advisors of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) and the Scientific Advisory Board of the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO) are developing a very exciting Congress’ scientific programme that will bring together the world’s best in the field of musculoskeletal health and disease.
We really hope to welcome you in Krakow, Poland and that this Congress will move the field one step forward on all fronts; from new understanding of bone metabolism and pathology, to new strategies and options in prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
The city of Krakow offers a most convenient and pleasant setting for international congresses. We hope that you will also take the opportunity to explore its many attractions.
Below are just a few of the highlights of our extensive, high quality programme. Numerous topical symposia allow you to tailor your congress schedule to your specific interests. New sessions are added regularly, so be sure to re-visit the website and stay informed.
Opening lecture: Best clinical papers published in 2017 (R. Rizzoli)
- FRAX: 10 years later (C. Cooper)
- Cortical bone: fracture risk and treatment target (E. Seeman)
- New perspectives in osteoarthritis management (P. Conaghan)
- Management of iatrogenic osteoporosis (P. Hadji)
- Inflammation and musculoskeletal aging (E. McCloskey)
- New perspectives in frailty and sarcopenia management (F. Landi)
- Microbiota and bone disease (R. Rizzoli)
- Obesity, osteoporosis diagnosis and fracture risk (P.R. Ebeling)
- How to manage imminent fracture risk (T. Thomas)
- Combined and sequential therapies in osteoporosis (M. R. McClung)
Put your research in the global spotlight
WCO-IOF-ESCEO is the best platform for the latest clinical research in the musculoskeletal field: abstracts to be published in Osteoporosis International, & presented in poster presentations, with opportunity for oral presentations. Abstract submission opens October 1st