Venue: Institute Lecture Theatre at The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt, Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire.
Target Audience: Orthopaedic trainees and therapists/other healthcare professionals who have an interest in shoulder and elbow conditions.
Objectives: This is a comprehensive course covering current concepts in shoulder and elbow physiotherapy and surgery. The format of the course is a combination of lectures with time allowed for questions and discussion; separate breakout sessions for Trainees and Physios; patient case presentations and a live surgery session; separate surgical section targeted at those approaching the FRCS Orth exam.
Topics to be covered include:
- Radiological investigation of shoulder pain
- Frozen shoulder diagnosis and management
- Assessment and surgery of rotator cuff tears
- Wed 1:30 – 3:30 Practical therapy session
- Anatomy biomechanics of the elbow
- Nerve injuries around the shoulder and
elbow with patient case presentations
- Proximal humeral fractures
- Shoulder replacement surgery
Delegate fee: £190 for Orthopaedic Trainees