The Trabecular Metal material of the Monoblock Acetabular Cup looks like natural cancellous bone. But, more importantly, it has physical and mechanical properties, including compressive strength and stiffness that are remarkably similar to cancellous bone.
The strut configuration of Trabecular Metal material has a high coefficient of friction against bone to help ensure a stable scratch fit. In addition, this 80%-porous tantalum metal material permits extensive tissue ingrowth and creates a strong attachment for long-term fixation.
Designed to meet the demands of both primary and revision arthroplasty, the Monoblock Acetabular Cup System combines these and other outstanding characteristics to deliver performance like nature intended.
- Flexibility and strength are similar to cancellous bone
- Unique elliptical cup geometry creates a 2mm interference fit at the periphery of the cup, maximizing bone contact for initial and long- term stability.
- One piece construct eliminates concerns about backside wear.
- Variety of cup styles fits specific patient needs
- Practical instrumentation makes the technique simple and efficient
Trabecular Metal material not only looks like bone, but it also acts like bone. Its high compressive strength and low modulus of elasticity are comparable to cancellous bone. These features are what make Trabecular Metal material – The Best Thing Next to Bone.