The JewelACL is a specialised textile scaffold which is rendered versatile for ACL reconstruction by various structural features. The scaffold is treated with a proprietary gas plasma treatment process that increases its surface energy and renders it hydrophilic.
The JewelACL can be implanted using modern ACL guidewire system with a similar anteromedial or transtibial surgical technique to that utilised for hamstring grafts.
- The JewelACL is indicated ACL reconstruction. It has been designed for use in partial or total tissue sparing ACL reconstruction with hamstrings.
Features and benefits
- The continuous tubular form which can accommodate a hamstring tendon; this is facilitated by the suitability placed side openings.
- The open weave sections with appropriate spacing to encourage tissue ingrowth into the scaffold.
- The densely woven sections which have superior handling properties.
- The JewelACL is a bio-enhanced prosthesis for the ACL reconstruction.
- The JewelACL can be secured to the bone with currently available fixation devices
NeoligamentsA division of Xiros