EUROSPINE Spring Specialty Meeting: Prevention Strategies of Spinal Disability: A Global Burden and A Concern for All Communities
Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen
Course Chairs: Margareta Nordin, Michael Ogon and Pierre Côté
With invited contributions from World Spine Care, North American Spine Society, World Confederation of Physical Therapy, World Federation of Chiropractors, The Global Musculoskeletal Alliance, The Global Burden of Disease and others
Who should participate: Physicians, surgeons, epidemiologists, physical therapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, researchers, economists, insurance companies, policy makers and other interested professionals in preventing disability in spinal disorders
What will you learn: Spinal disability is the most prevalent and costly ailment in the world. It requires a societal effort from public health, health care providers, and policy makers to make a difference. This conference will present strategies based on evidence for the prevention of disability in spinal disorders in high and low income communities.
The following topics are being discussed
1) Identification and definition of disability?
2) How do we measure it?
3) Can we predict spine disability?
4) Evidence and strategies to prevent spine disability in public health
5) Evidence and strategies to prevent spine disability in early care
6) Evidence and strategies to improve ability and participation in chronic spine care
For further details, visit EUROSPINE