Welcome to Athens Shoulder Course!
Our aim in the Athens Shoulder Course is to share with you new and innovative approaches and discuss controversial matters on shoulder disorders.
Our goal is to approach these entities both theoretically and practically.
Current European opinion leaders, as well as some of the most charismatic Greek shoulder surgeons are part of the course Faculty.
They will try to share their knowledge and experience with interesting lectures, discussions and training on cadavers.
The ultimate goal of this three-day course is to bring in contact Orthopaedic Surgeons and Physical Therapists with cutting edge ideas in shoulder surgery in a practical and effective way for every-day practice.
Manos Antonogiannakis, Course Chairman
This three-day course includes lectures by experienced shoulder surgeons on all current concepts and controversies related to both open and arthroscopic shoulder surgery, live surgeries, ultrasound workshops for shoulder evaluation and practice of modern cutting-edge techniques on cadaveric specimens. By the end of this course, surgeons will be able to:
- Understand all current rotator cuff repair techniques for partial, full thickness and massive tears
- Comprehend all current irreparable tears treatment options (growth factors, spacers, graft augmentation, tendon transfers)
- Understand all current shoulder instability treatment techniques including all current complex instability treatment alternatives like labral repairs, tendon transfers, bone grafts and coracoid transfer procedures
- Comprehend athletes’ shoulder injuries and pathology including acromio-clavicular dislocations
- Understand current controversies and apply current concepts to shoulder arthroplasty
- Familiarize themselves with the outcomes and postoperative complications following anatomic and reverse shoulder arthroplasty surgeries and develop strategies for revising failed shoulder arthroplasties
- Apply innovative shoulder disorders evaluation and management methods
- Assimilate the principles of ultrasound shoulder evaluation
7-9 February 2019
3rd Athens shoulder course
Venue: Athens, Greece