Due to the troubles in Ankara Turkey this meeting has been cancelled that was scheduled for 26-28 August.
Hip joint preservation is a relatively new subspecialty in orthopaedic surgery. There are some courses in UK and around the world that teach concepts and skills in this subspecialty. However, this course is most comprehensive because it covers all aspects of hip joint preservation and includes training in hip surgery from cradle to grave. The various topics covered in this course are:
- Hip Arthroscopy – Intrarticular and Extra-articular surgery
- Minimally Invasive Periacetabular Osteotomy (MIS PAO)
- Minmall Invasive Tonnis Triple and other Pelvic Osteotomies
- Proximal Femoral Osteotomies such as Imhauser, Intertrochanteric Ostetomies
- True Femoral Neck Lengthening Osteotomies such as Morscher’s and modified Wagner
- Relative Femoral Neck Lengthening Osteotomy
- Surgical Dislocation for complex deformities such as Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis (SUFE)
- MIS/DAA (Direct Anterior Approach) Total Hip Replacement
- Revision THR through DAA approach
- Hinged Distraction for AVN (Avascular Necrosis for Femoral Head)
- Pelvic Support Osteotomy and limb lengthening for arthritic hip in very young
The first day is lectures and two sessions of the hip arthroscopy cadaver workshop. There will be eight stations and two faculty per station. Second day covers MIS PAO, Pelvic Osteotomy, and third day covers DAA THR Cadaver workshop. There will be sessions of case discussions.
There is an international faculty from the UK, Germany, Italy, France, India, South Africa, and Brazil. Due to popular demand we are holding the third international hip preservation course in Ankara, Turkey.
Third hip preservation cadaver course
Venue: Yildrim Beyazit University, School of Medicine, Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Bilkent, 06800 Ankara, Turkey
Course chairman: Sanjeev Madan, Murat Bozkurt, Director of Hip Joint Preservation Centre, Doncaster Royal Infirmary and Sheffield Children’s Hospital