Arthrex has developed a simple, safe and reproducible technique using the BioComposite SwiveLock and FiberTape. The InternalBrace Ligament Augmentation Repair can be used as an augmentation to a Brostrom procedure. The InternalBrace Ligament Augmentation Repair allows the surgeon to repair lateral or medial ankle instability. It can be used in acute and chronic ankle sprains.
Lisfranc Plates have been designed to provide fixation for acute Lisfranc injuries and fusions of the tarsal-metatarsal joints. The unique design allows for compression along the Lisfranc ligament and allows the surgeon to visualise the healing process during recovery. These plates come in three different sizes with both left and right plates to fit any patient and are contoured to fit the Lisfranc anatomy at only 1.4mm thick.
Syndesmosis TightRope® XP Implant
The Syndesmosis TightRope XP implant system features a unique delivery mechanism that allows surgeons to insert the implant without pulling a needle through the medial skin. Tensioning handles and a new trocar-tipped drill bit have been added to the implant system. It is available in stainless steel and titanium.
Advantages of the Syndesmosis TightRope implant system:
- Improved reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws 
- Improved maintenance of reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws 
- No need for routine implant removal
- Supports early weight-bearing and accelerated rehabilitation 
- Allows for physiologic motion of the syndesmosis following reduction and fixation
- Improved patient outcomes compared to syndesmosis screws 
- Naqvi et al. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40(12):2828-2835. doi:10.1177/0363546512461480.
- Cottom et al. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009;48(6):620-630. doi:10.1053/j.jfas.2009.07.013.
- Laflamme et al. J Orthop Trauma. 2015;29(5):216-223. doi:10.1097/BOT.0000000000000245.