The XXIVth Brussels International Spine Symposium will take place on November 17-18, 2017. It is one of the most important spine meetings in Europe and will be co-chaired by Robert Gunzburg (Brussels), Marek Szpalski (Brussels) and Dave Wong (Denver).
- Biomechanics of spondylolysis and spondylisthesis
- Biomechanics of degenerative spondylolisthesis
- What is the value of the different classification systems of spondylolisthesis? Meyerding, Wiltse, Newman, McNab…
- Classification of spondylolisthesis clefts in patients with spondylolysis or isthmic spondylolisthesis using positional MRI
- Etiopathogenesis of spondylolisthesis
- Natural evolution of spondylolysis
- Pathophysiology of degenerative spondylolisthesis
- Biomechanical Considerations of Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis: Conventional Imaging and Assessment of Dynamic Spinal Stiffness
- Imaging in spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis and degenerative spondylolisthesis
- Are full spine radiographs essential for surgical treatment of Spondylolisthesis?
- The use of the EOS in the treatment of spondylolysis and listhesis
- Gait analysis in the evaluation of spondylolisthesis as an objective outcome measure
- Conservative treatment of adult spondylolisthesis
Surgery in Children
- Surgical options in paediatric listhesis – are implants always required?
- When should we intervene in paediatric spondylolysis?
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis in adolescents
Surgery in Adults
- Anterior surgery for spondylolisthesis
- Comparative treatment for Spondi with minimal invasive XLIF & TLIF
- Options of sacral osteotomy and sacral derotation for reduction of pelvic incidence in high grade spondylolisthesis.
- Severe spondylolisthesis surgery: anterior support, when to include L4, what about sagittal alignment and reduction
- Stand alone ALIF for spondy
- Is there a place for interspinous implants in the treatment of spondylolisthesis?
- Simultaneous reduction/fixation cage for spondyloliothesis
- When to go big, and when to go small: lytic spondylolisthesis
- When to go big, and when to go small: degenerative spondylolishesis
- Spondylolisthesis with adjacent disc degeneration – what is the best surgical treatment?
- Spondylolisthesis: surgical aspects and what do I consider essential for having a good and long lasting result
- Robotics in spine surgery: the use of pre op planning to optimize the outcome of spondylolisthesis reduction
- What’s new in interbody devices?
- ALIF vs TLIF in the treatment of L5 lytic spondylolisthesis
- Athletic population with spondylolisthesis: outcomes of surgical repair versus conservative treatment
- Association between spondylolisthesis and tumoral processes
- Degenearative spondylolystesis and sagittal balance
- High grade L5S1 lytic spondylolisthesis: is there a role for the Gaines procedure?
- Indirect decompression for spondy
- Interlaminar/spinous process fixation for spondy
- Is laminectomy obsolete for stenosis caused by Grade I degenerative spondylolisthesis?
- High Grade L5S1 lytic spondylolisthesis: update on latest surgical treatments and outcomes
Economical and ethical aspects
- Collecting data via register: clinical results and cost-effectiveness
- Do patients treated with fusion for spondylolisthesis return to work?
- Do athletes with lumbar pars defect or stress fracture return to active competitive sports?
- Comparing the outcomes and complications of treatment for degenerative spondylolisthesis with and without instrumented fusion using data from Spine Tango Registry
- Management of catastrophising and kinesiophobia improves rehabilitation after fusion for lumbar spondylolisthesis and stenosis: a randomised controlled trial
- NASS Clinical Guideline on Diagnosis and Treatment of Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
- What does SPORT data on lumbar spondylolisthesis tell us?
- The NEJM 2016 papers on spinal stenosis with Grade I degenerative spondylolisthesis. Is there sufficient evidence to eliminate instrumented fusion for this situation?
- Is anatomic reduction of lumbar spondylolisthesis worth the risk?